Images have been sent to your email.
Check your inbox and junk folder!
Elope at Vancouver Aquarium
Vancouver's most unique wedding experience!
Let the aquarium be your SOMETHING BLUE.. and join us on Friday February 14th, 2020 at the Vancouver Aquarium’s After Hours event.
Vancity Officiant, Modern Romance Productions, and Elope With Us are offering an intimate wedding ceremony, vow renewals or love ceremony by donation. With a focus on giving all couples a supportive, open space to exchange their vows in a way that reflects their love while leaving no trace, this event is designed to raise awareness of ocean waste and marine mammals.
All net proceeds will go to Ocean Wise.
The idea of the event started with Kevin & Kit from Vancity Officiant in late 2018. Ruby from Modern Romance Productions and Michelle & Lisa from Elope With Us later joined the project with the same passion of the "leave no trace" idea. We are thrilled to be working with Vancouver Aquarium and offering this unique opportunity to you.
Elope at Vancouver Aquarium Package
- Donation of $100 minimum (After Hours admission is not included)
- Simple ceremony (estimated time is 10 minutes per couple)
- Choice of legal vows, vow renewal, or love ceremony
- Ceremonies will be conducted in English
- 2 witnesses on site for the legalization process (Or you can invite your own guests. Each guest requires an After Hours admission in addition to the donation)
- 5 enhanced images in web-size without watermark for each couple
- Images to be delivered via a download link after the event
Donation of $250.00 minimum (After Hours admission ticket is not included in this donation)
For example: You and your partner are booking the Elope at Vancouver Aquarium package and also have 2 guests joining you. You'd be paying After Hours admission for 4 adults and a minimum donation of $100 for the package. The donation to be made at the venue's kiosk on the day of.
What To Prepare?
- Fill up the form in the above at least 7 days prior to the After Hours event.
- Have a great sleep the day before and be excited!
- Bring your Marriage Licence on the day of, one of you has to apply for a marriage licence in person and bring it with you on the day of the event.
- It is strongly recommended that you and your guests purchase your After Hours admission online in advance as the tickets may be sold out.
- On the day of, arrive at least 30 minutes earlier to make donations at the kiosk in case of a queue.
- See more details on Marriage Licence here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/life-events/marriage/marriage-licences
- [Optional] Bring 2 wedding bands to exchange with each other (or anything that symbolizes "seal the deal") during the ceremony.
Ceremony Time Slots
- OPEN TO ANY TIME
- 6:30 PM - 6:50 PM (sold out)
- 6:50 PM - 7:10 PM (sold out)
- 7:10 PM - 7:30 PM (sold out)
- 7:30 PM - 7:50 PM (sold out)
- 7:50 PM - 8:10 PM (sold out)
- 8:10 PM - 8:30 PM (sold out)
- 8:30 PM - 8:50 PM (sold out)
- 8:50 PM - 9:10 PM (sold out)
- 9:10 PM - 9:30 PM (sold out)
- 9:30 PM - 9:50 PM (sold out)
- 9:50 PM - 10:10 PM (sold out)
- 10:10 PM - 10:30 PM (sold out)
- 10:30 PM - 10:50 PM (sold out)
- If SOLD OUT, please put me on waitlist!
Interested? Send us a message!
Elope at Vancouver Aquarium is powered by
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the ceremony?
Estimated ceremony time including paper processing time is 10~15 minutes. Each session has 20 minutes in total with 5 minutes for buffer.
Can I add in personal vows?
Absolutely! In fact, we highly encourage every couple to prepare personal vows, as long as they are 1 minute or less each.
Tips here (copy & paste the link)
What shall we wear?
Anything you like. Let it be formal, casual, sporty, or humourous, as long as it's comfortable and speaks YOU.
Can I bring in my own photographer?
The elopement package includes photography coverage already. As much as we'd love to meet your preferred photographer, currently we do not accept other photographer for this fundraising event. We promise you that you will be well covered by Modern Romance's photography team.
Can I talk to the officiant beforehand?
The way the package is designed specically for this special event, this is not available. If it's a question about the licence or event, feel free to contact us and we will see if we can assist you with our best ability.
Will there be a rehearsal?
This is the beauty of an elopement - no rehearsal, no hassle! Simple and intimate, but yet, still beautiful and memorable.
Can we do a site visit of the venue?
The package does not include a site visit of the venue. However, you are welcome to check out the Aquarium on your own. Please note that you'd need to pay for the regular admission fee in order to visit the aquarium as a regular guest.
Can I choose which area to get married in?
Due to the nature of this special event, there will be a designated area for the elopement ceremony.
How private is the space?
It will be in a semi-private space but After Hours guests will be around the area.
What if we are late?
Each time slot has a maximum 10 minute grace period. If you miss the grace period then you'd need to wait till the next available slot, if any.
How long will it take for us to get our official marriage certificate in the mail?
The official marriage certificate will be delivered to the address under "party 1" on your licence in about a month.
For the 5 images that are included, how will they be selected?
The 5 images included in the package will be selected by us. You are welcome to purchase additional images after the images have been delivered.
When will I receive the photos?
You can expect the final photos by email within 5-7 days after the event.
Can we purchase more photos?
Absolutely! We will email an online gallery with the extra images to you within 7-10 days after the event. You can purchase additional photos directly from it and receive the images almost instantly from there!
I don't see my question up here. Can I contact you?
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on After Hours event